S08E02: Be Different, Live Different with VIP Guest Oni Sen
Oni Sen is my baby brother, and I am one of the luckiest people on the planet to see this cool person blossom and evolve in life.
Oni is storyteller, who has directed some of the most watched and most acclaimed mini-series in India. Oni graduated from the National Institute of Design (NID) which I think is the toughest institute in the whole planet to get in. Since then he has directed numerous ad films and mini-series. Oni is known for his ability to understand human emotions, and for his skill in finely unfolding narratives, he is also a photographer and illustrator.
What wows me every time is his unique style of storytelling and how he stands out to be only him, and not compromise to be one of the pack.
Here are some key insights from this week’s show:
– Keep stories relatable and that will engage the audience.
– Silence at times tells more than words.
– Know what you want people to feel before you start telling a story.
– The ultimate reward for a storyteller is when people connect to the story.
– We are a resonance of our actions.
– A simple story, told simply, is the toughest story to tell.
Watch the video version here: https://youtu.be/lFX_n2K2H_A