S07E12: Disrupting a Category with VIP Guest Michael Brown
Michael Brown is CEO and chairman of the board at Skyline Robotics, a window washing business using automated robots. Their flagship robot, OZMO, is disrupting the $40B window cleaning industry. Michael’s 35-year career has been focused on business services and distribution roll-ups. He has led two previous companies with revenue over $400 Million and have generated over $5 Billion.
Here are some key insights from this week’s show:
- When you see a problem, find the solution and path to change.
- There is always an easier better solution; be the first get there.
- Grow your business by owning your lane, not just adding more lanes.
- Move quickly from prototype to commercialization, as reality teaches us things you cannot learn in a lab.
- Find a team of rational people who believe in something bigger.
- Empowerment starts with trusting.
- Live at the intersection of excitement and nervousness.
Watch the video version here: https://youtu.be/zMXasfeQ2jU